Fall 2013: Stat 803
What's so cool about
getting the data right?
Fall 2010: Stat 992
statistics and optimization
Spring 2009: Stat 992
A new song in design
of experiments: space-filling designs with diverse applications
1. NSF Career Award (2011).
2. IBM Faculty Award (2008).
1. Associate Editor, Annals of Statistics (2013 - present).
2. Associate Editor, Statistica Sinica
(2011 - 2014).
3. Chair of the Management Committee for the American Statistical Association
(ASA) Spring Research Conference (SRC) on Statistics in Industry and
Technology (2012 - present).
Associate Editor, Journal of Uncertainty Quantification (2015 to present).
Xu, X., Hwang, Y., Kim, T., Wang, F., Wang, X. and Qian, P. Z. G. (2013), Sequential
Synthesis of Nanomaterials via Level-expansion.
Deng, X., Lin, C. D., and Qian, P. Z. G. (2013), The Lasso with
Nearly Orthogonal Latin Hypercube Designs.
Chen, Y., Liu, Q., and Qian, P. Z. G. (2013), Sequential Sampling
Enhanced Composite Likelihood Approach to Estimation of Social
Intercorrelations in Large-Scale Networks.
1. Mukerjee, R., Qian, P. Z. G. and Wu, C. F. J.
(2008), On the Existence of Nested Orthogonal Arrays, Discrete Mathematics,
2. Qian, P. Z. G., Wu, H. and Wu, C. F. J. (2008), Gaussian Process Models
for Computer Experiments with Qualitative and Quantitative Factors, Technometrics, 50, 383-396.
3. Qian, P. Z. G., Tang, B. and Wu, C. F. J. (2009), Nested Space-Filling
Designs for Experiments with Two Levels of Accuracy, Statistica
Sinica, 19, 287-300.
4. Qian, P. Z. G., Ai, M. and Wu, C. F. J. (2009), Construction of Nested
Space-Filling Designs, Annals of Statistics, 37, 3616-43.
5. Qian, P. Z. G (2009), Nested
Latin Hypercube Designs, Biometrika, 96,
6. Qian, P. Z. G. and Wu, C. F. J. (2009), Sliced Space-Filling Designs,
Biometrika, 96, 945-956.
7. Wang, F., Hwang, Y., Qian, P. Z. G. and Wang, X. (2010), A Statistics-Guided
Approach to Precise Characterization of Nanowire Morphology, American
Chemical Society Nano, 4, 855-862.
8. Tang, Q. and Qian, P. Z. G. (2010), Enhancing the Sample
Average Approximation Method with U Designs, Biometrika,
9. Qian, P. Z. G. and Ai, M. (2010), Nested Lattice Sampling: A New Sampling
Scheme Derived by Randomizing Nested Orthogonal Arrays, the Journal of the American Statistical
Association, 105, 1147-1155.
10. Haaland, B. and Qian, P. Z. G. (2010), An
Approach to Constructing Nested Space-Filling Designs for Multi-Fidelity
Computer Experiments, Statistica Sinica, 20, 1063-1075.
11. Haaland, B., Min, W., Qian, P. Z. G. and Amemiya, Y. (2010), A Statistical Approach
to Thermal Management of Data Centers under Steady State and System
Perturbations, Journal of the American Statistical Association,
12. Zhou, Q., Qian, P. Z. G. and Zhou, S. (2011), Surrogate Modeling of
Multistage Assembly Processes Using Integrated Emulation, the American
Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) Journal of Mechanical Design, 134,
13. He, X. and Qian, P. Z. G. (2011), Nested Orthogonal Array Based Latin
Hypercube Designs, Biometrika, 98, 721-731.
14. Xu, X., Haaland, B. and Qian, P. Z. G. (2011), Sudoku-Based
Space-Filling Designs, Biometrika, 98,
15. Qian, P. Z. G. (2012), Sliced Latin Hypercube
Designs, Journal of the American
Statistical Association, 107, 393-399.
16. Yang, J., Lin, D., Qian, P. Z. G. and Lin, D. (2013), Construction of
Sliced Orthogonal Latin Hypercube Designs, Statistica
Sinica, 23, 1117-1130.
17. Zhang, Q., Deng, X., Qian, P. Z. G. and Wang, X. (2013), Spatial Modeling for
Refining and Predicting Surface Potential Mapping with Enhanced Resolution,
The Royal Society of Chemistry Nanoscale, 5, 921-926.
18. Zhang, Q., and Qian, P. Z. G. (2013), Designs for crossvalidating approximation models, Biometrika, 100, 997-1004.
19. Chen, J., and Qian, P. Z. G. (2013), Latin hypercube designs
with controlled correlations and multi-dimensional stratification, Biometrika, 101, 319-332.
20. Sun, F., Liu, M. and Qian, P. Z. G. (2014), On the Construction of
Nested Space-filling Designs, Annals of Statistics, 42, 1394-1425.
21. He, X. and Qian, P. Z. G. (2014), A Central Limit Theorem
for General Orthogonal Array Based Space-Filling Designs, Annals of
Statistics, 42, 1725-1750.
Ben Haaland (2006-2010), assistant professor at
Jun Li (2007- 2010 August), now at Walmart Labs.
YoungDeok Hwang (2008- 2012), now at IBM Thomas J.
Watson Research Center.
Xu Xu (2009 - 2014), now with a Big Data analytics
Qiong Zhang (2010 - 2014), now at Virginia
Jiajie Chen (2010 - 2014), now at Wells Fargo in
Yan Chen (2011 - present)
Xiao Nie (2014 - present)
Soheil Sadeghi (2014 -
Jared Huling (2014 - present)
Likun Cui (2008-2009), now graduate student at
Heng Su (2009-2010), now graduate student at
Qi Yi Jiang (2010-present), now
graduate student at Stanford