- Examples that could be used for a
final exam. Will be used for small group discussions.
- Chapter 16 & 17: Regression and
correlation (updated 4/25).
- Chapter 15: ANOVA.
- Chapter 9: difference between 2
proportions and chi-square test of independence.
- Chapter 13: violations of assumptions,
data transformations, and the Mann-Whitney test for independent samples.
- Chapter 12 & 14: T-methods for
comparing 2 independent samples, and aspects of experimental design.
- Chapter 11 & 12: Confidence intervals
for one sample, and comparison of 2 paired samples.
Includes the normal quantile plots (section 13.1)
- Chapter 8: chi-square test for one sample
(i.e. proportions for 2+ categories).
We are not covering sections 8.5 and 8.6 in the textbook.
- Chapters 6 and 7: Hypothesis testing and
- Chapters 1.2, 4 and 10: Sampling distributions.
- Chapters 7 and 10: Binomial and Normal distributions.
- Chapter 5: Probability and random variables.
- Chapters 1-3: Course introduction,
data display and descriptive statistics.