Every course in the Statistics Department has an evaluation of the instructor and of TAs (if any) towards the end of the semester. These evaluations are scantron forms that are sent to teaching and evaluation for processing. Evaluations are given in such a way that the instructor and TAs cannot see the aggregated results until after the end of the semester. [Instructors and TAs never see the original form, although they may see a compilation of written comments.]
Points of Clarification
* Instructor AND TA evaluations are linked. Both are set up to be done the same way.
* All comments are typed, a plot is created, and the calculated results are given back to the instructor.
Selected Online Course Evaluation Literature
- Weatherhead School of Management, Case Western Reserve U
- Fogarty, Jonas & Parker (2013) The medium is the message: Comparing paper-based and web-based course evaluation modalities. J Account Educ 31: 177-193.
- Marquette U: Rationale for Using Online Course Evaluations
- Cornell U: Student Ratings of Teaching: A Summary of Research & Literature
- Higher Education Quality Council of Canada
Updated 8 April 2016
Return to department policies.