Return to Chair & Associate Chair Duties.
- Prepare timetables
- Academic year (Dec)
- Fall (Dec)
- Spring (Jul-Aug)
- Summer timetable (Nov)
- Check printed timetables
- Fall (Mar)
- Spring (Aug?)
- Summer (Nov)
- Monitor enrollments
- Spring (Nov-Jan)
- Fall (Apr-Aug)
- Summer (Apr-May)
- Open new discussions if necessary.
- Sometimes, ask Dean to provide more funding to open discussions.
- Set up Welcome Week schedule
- Prepare Spring timetable
- Check Spring timetable?
- Welcome Week (last week of Aug):
- Prepare Summer School
- Begin monitoring spring semester enrollments
- Ask faculty about next academic year plans
- Teaching preferences
- research funding
- Check Summer School timetable.
- Prepare timetable for next academic year
- especially next Fall timetable
- but pay attention to Spring continuity
- Admissions Committee meeting
- Admissions: rank applicants, make offers
- New TAs: offers and oversight
- Admissions: contact guarantees
- Prepare TA budget for next academic year.
- Check next Fall timetable.
- Summer School: Assign TAs, monitor enrollments.
- Monitor fall semester enrollments.
- ITA schedule and duties for student helpers